PEO: The Department of Civil Engineering has as its PEOs to produce graduate who:
- Function successfully in a professional environment through use of appropriate technology towards holistic development of urban and rural amenities and infrastructure with consideration of safety, sustainability, economical feasibility and environmental impact related issues.
- Demonstrate leadership, professional ethics, project management and finance related attributes as employees or employers.
- Demonstrate strong communication in the society and leadership skills and contribute at individual as well as multidisciplinary team levels.
- Engage in enrichment of knowledge and skills through life-long learning to evolve innovative in Civil Engineering.
- Demonstrate a sense of ethical and societal responsibility in various sectors such as water supply, sanitation, transportation, irrigation, Disaster mitigation etc.
PO: Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PSO: Civil Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Design various Civil Engineering structures, components or processes to meet desired needs within the realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, regulatory, ethical, heath, safety, manufacturability and sustainability.
- Conduct laboratory experiments and critically analyze to interpret data related to soil mechanics, fluid mechanics, environmental and civil engineering materials.
- Use the techniques, skills, and modern software tools necessary for profession particularly in the areas of environmental / water resources, geotechnical, structural and transportation engineering.