PEO: The Department of Mechanical Engineering has as its PEOs to produce graduates who:
- Function successfully in a professional environment by demonstrating technical expertise to provide holistic solutions for complex and emerging problems in the field of Design Engineering, Heat Power, Renewable Energy, Automation, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing and related Management with consideration of safety, sustainability, economical feasibility and environmental impact related issues.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and communication skills and ability to function effectively as an individual as well as part of a team.
- Engage in enrichment of knowledge and skills through lifelong learning to evolve innovative solutions in Mechanical Engineering
- Demonstrate a sense of moral and ethical values in their career.
PO: Students graduating from Mechanical Engineering will demonstrate:
- Engineering knowledge:apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis:identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions : design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems:use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage:create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society:apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability:understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work:function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication:communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance:demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PSO: Mechanical Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- design a system, component or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, regulatory, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability and sustainability.
- design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data, in different areas of Design Engineering, Heat Power, Renewable Energy, Automation, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing and related Management.
- use techniques, skills and upcoming software, machine tools and processes necessary in the practice of Mechanical Engineering profession.